Monday, December 31, 2007

Faith in Humanity, Restored

While walking the dogs this morning, I passed four ten year old girls "selling" hot chocolate in front of their house. The girls ran up to the dogs, loving on them. Dogs returned loving.

Dark haired girl to me, "Do you want some hot chocolate?"

"I'd love some. How much?" was my reply.

"It only costs a smile! Plus, you have dogs!"

I carried on with the walk, sipping hot chocolate.

On my way back, the girls were still there only now they were selling lemonade for 25 cents. They raced up to Roman and Tikka with a cup of water. The dogs drank gratefully. They told me I didn't have to pay for the lemonade since I had dogs, but I gave them 75 cents, anyway.

"Are you a dog walker?" one asked, as Roman melted into her legs while she petted him.

"No, they're mine."

Roman was reluctant to leave, as was I, but I had to get to work.

We continued on, my faith in humanity restored (for the time being, at least).

No comments: