Wednesday, January 23, 2008

New Year, New Car


I'm sure many of you have been dying to know what car I finally decided on.

Well, the winner is DogCar.com's dog car of the year...the Honda Element.

So, yet again, I bought a vehicle for my dogs. Who could resist features such as the waterproof, nylon type fabric seats or the fact that you can remove one or both rear seats or simply flip them to the side? There is also the urethane coated flooring...so much easier to clean than carpet. To top it off, a feature that will appeal to my teenager is the iPod outlet. I also like the fact that I can live out of this car, if need be (plenty of room for a mattress in the back and the spare tire cover converts to a card table). One needs to be prepared in this Bay Area housing market.

At first, I thought this was a god awful ugly contraption. But, the look has slowly grown on me. I've also gone from a white truck, to 'tangerine orange'. Caleb said, "Well, if you ever get in an accident, nobody can say they didn't see you coming." In a sea of earth tone colored cars, I think it's nice to have a punch of color for a change.

I also didn't realize that owning an Element admits you into a cult, I mean, special club.

No comments: