Saturday, April 11, 2009

Marin(a) Dogs

After a week of rainy weather, we were blessed with a glorious spring day. Time to escape the marina and go hiking in the Marin headlands.

When I see San Francisco through a tourist's eyes, it truly is the most beautiful city. Sorry, not-as-beautiful cities out there!
We hiked up above Rodeo beach at Ft. Cronkite...such a departure from our regular Ft. Funston hikes.
His magnificence overlooking his kingdom.
California poppies and a flower I don't know peeking out at the Pacific...
Roman and Tikka overlooking Rodeo beach and all the surfers.
Can you see the Golden Gate Bridge peeking out among the headlands? (click the pic for a bigger view).

Originally, I was going to go to Cataract Falls in Fairfax yesterday, but a friend said it was crawling with ticks. Yuck. So I thought this would be a better, tick-free venue. As I was sitting here typing this, with Tikka sleeping at my side, I found a tick crawling on my arm! Yuck. Treat your pets with Frontline (what I use on Roman and Tikka) or Advantix (not Advantage, which only kills fleas) to prevent tick infestation. The down side is, even though I have treated them, it doesn't prevent the ticks from hitchhiking on their fur and trying to make a meal out of me...

1 comment:

wampoline said...

i can't wait to bring Lottie out there to frolic with Roman and Tikka!