Wednesday, January 17, 2007

THE best dog!

I always knew German Shepherds are THE best dog. Not the breed for most people, though, as they are just too smart for the average dog owner, thrive on a connection with their family (usually just one person) and require lots of training (they need a job). Not a dog to have as a garden decoration or leave alone for long periods of time "unemployed"...otherwise, they can, ah, creatively decorate your house and garden while you are away.

I met a guy the other day who was all over Roman. As Roman happily rolled over, exposing his belly for a rub, tongue lolling like a silly golden retriever, the guy said to me, "If anyone breaks into your house, they are meat. MEAT!" Ummm...I don't know about that but this German Shepherd is certainly a hero in my book.

No comments: