Sunday, October 21, 2007

A Little Bragging: Sweep...Sweet!




While I continue to struggle with Roman (I'm determined that 2008 will be the year we get our rally titles and debut in agility), my bettas are winning left and right. So, some of my hard work is paying off.

My bettas just finished competing in their fourth show (I swear, they travel more than I do...in the past four months they've been to Oregon, Connecticut, San Jose and, this weekend, Florida), and it was a sweep in the New Breeder Class (I didn't even send my best males):

Singletail male: 2nd, 3rd ( competed against 10 entries)
Plakat male: 1st, 2nd, 3rd (15 entries)
Singletail female: 1st, 2nd, 3rd (16 entries)

New Breeder Best of Show:

BOS Female
RBOS Male (reserve Best of Show - like a second place)
RBOS Female

You may be laughing, but these International Betta shows are serious business. There are thousands of us bettaholics out there. Points are collected during the show season, and at the end of the season, awards are handed out to those with the most points. So far, I'm the leading new breeder in the singletail male and female classes. How betta exciting, LOL.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love bettas, too. I have 23 of them! Yours are beautiful. Congratulations.

T.R.