Sunday, March 15, 2009

Shouldn'ts

Many trainers tell owners they should never let their dogs on the furniture, especially the bed. One trainer gave me such an ominous warning. Pressed further, she shared that she had clients who were bitten in bed when their dog was startled awake! Hmmm. I doubt this is common among socialized/trained dogs. I have more problems with cats fighting on the bed.

Personally, I like having my animals on the furniture with me, and I can't sleep if Tikka isn't in a ball by my pillow. My philosophy is this: if a dog will get off when you ask him to, and does not resource guard the furniture or bed, then why not let him enjoy? I made sure our new furniture was made of microfiber and a neutral, tan color...sometimes I forget what it actually looks like since the couch and chairs are usually covered! Only a dog person can understand this, me thinks.


I'm so glad my animals like our new furniture. They certainly get more use out of it than I do, these days. Tikka claims the couch because it has the best view out the window. (bottom pic is from a year ago-old couch and before the hardwood floors were redone...it's so funny how Tikka just flops over when I point the camera at her).

Roman loves this chair...good afternoon sun and an ottoman for his tail.

The cats pretty much sleep anywhere but this recliner is a favorite.

Here's 6 month old Rammy enjoying Caroline's Chinese carpet...good thing this carpet cannot talk about it's liaisons with dogs and cats. He also likes to hang out in the bathtub; not sure what that is all about...

No comments: