Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Simplicity of Solitude

I decided to take last Thursday off because Tikka was having surgery and I had report cards to write. I ended up at the beach with Roman. We had the beach to ourselves, which was bliss. I wish I was better at recalling moments like this when I'm under stress...moments of pure peace and joy with no negative thoughts competing for air time in  my head...Just me and my dog and the sound of the waves rolling onto the beach.

A lone crow surveys the hang gliding take off point..


I'm still amazed at how far Roman has come. There was no way I could walk him at Ft. Funston a year ago. He would be charging and chasing dogs; causing general mayhem! This day, we passed no less than 50 dogs on our way down to the beach and 50 more on our way back up. Roman either greeted them politely, ignored them or played with them. Most dog owners take this for granted, but I am just so grateful to be able to have this privilege.  (Roman is the cover dog for Grateful Dogs Rescue this month and  he's enjoying his 15 minutes of fame).

No comments: