Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Snakes In A Living Room




OK, I admit it, I really liked the movie Snakes on a Plane.

In fact, it was after that movie that I decided I really wanted a snake...or, even, a snake tattoo. I was born in the year of the Snake, so that must be why I have always had a fascination with them. Unlike the tumultuous relationship I have with spiders. You simply can't trust someone with eight eyes and don't get me started on the legs and dietary habits.

So, I have a couple of corn snakes and, hopefully, soon I'll have several corn snake babies.

I do like taking my corns out and letting them slither around my arms, neck and couch.



BUT, one thing you MUST do with your corn is keep the lid of his terrarium locked. Something I neglected to do last night. I was awoken at midnight by Erik yelling, "Mom, the snakes are OUT!!!" If that doesn't wake one up, I don't know what will. Cobb was happily cruising the perimeter of the living room. doG only knows how long he had been out. I guess it was good Erik was up doing hisspace and AIM and happened to look down and see Cobb sliding by.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss having a snake. I owned a Florida kingsnake for years. I was teaching high school and would put him on my desk every morning while I got ready for the day. Nosy as cats.

I work with rattlesnakes (in the wild) now but haven't been tempted to let them crawl around my neck. Not a real man I guess.