Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Moment of Freedom

I got lost today. In a bookstore. I lost all track of time as I sat on the floor, reading, with Tikka rolled on her back next to me. I don't wear a watch because I don't want to be a slave to time. With work, appointments, meetings, games, classes...I have precious little time to waste. I like to spend my free time doing not much of anything; which is exactly what I've been doing this week. A late lunch at a neighborhood cafe followed by a meander in a bookstore. Yesterday, I went to the beach and played ball with the dog (who insisted on continually dropping it in the surf so he could chase it among the waves). The sound of the waves, the feel of the sand between my toes, my dog running free, well. Life just doesn't get much better. I give thanks for this simple abundance life willingly offers me.

No comments: