Wednesday, November 26, 2008

That Dangerous Presidio

Bill O'Reilly does not like San Francisco, and that is perfectly ok with me. I wish more people felt the same and move away. Then, maybe, I could actually buy a home in this town of my birth, during my lifetime. But, it's doubtful that will happen given The Bay Area's beauty, mild weather, and eclectic nature. Bill takes issue with the dirty streets and homeless. Yes, some streets are dirty and there are a lot of homeless in some areas. They don't bother me. They keep me humble and their plight is a social reality in this country.

"O'Reilly has now sent an underling to the city to make a documentary to show where, supposedly, the politics of President-elect Barack Obama will take the country." OK, this had me LOL! They are making a documentary of San Francisco NOW, when we've been under President BUSH for the past 8 years? Hello?

I did have to laugh when Bill mentioned "You wouldn't go to the Presidio at night,". Huh? I've been walking in the Presidio for over two decades. Yes, sometimes...gasp...even at night. If Bill ever wants to visit San Francisco, I'd be happy to give him a tour of neighborhoods with clean streets, working class people and the Presidio at night. I promise to protect him from the coyotes.

Here are some pics of a recent sunset walk in the Presidio...by the end, it was dark and foggy and...I loved it!
On our way down Greenwich Street (not too dirty, I might add and not a homeless person in sight!)
One of the former officer's homes that now rents for $6K+ a month!
Officer's row. GGBridge in the background...
Roman likes this house (click to make larger if you want to see Roman)

I like this little clapboard cottage...I would love to live in the Presidio...In fact, it has been a dream of mine forever...Now, you can rent in here for an exorbitant amount of money and you can only have ONE pet...One pet? I've never had only ONE pet!
Sunset at Crissy...ok, this was taken last May but it deserves a second showing...


1 comment:

troutbirder said...

Stunning picture. There is something about putting a GSD in the picture.