Monday, April 14, 2008

MOANday

85 degrees and no wind yesterday morning...48 degrees and blowing tonight at 8pm. No wonder my sinuses are rebelling. My eyes are runny, my nose is raw, my throat itches and my ears are clogged (though, the latter is sort of a good thing, especially with Erik playing COD4 :P).

I finally cleaned and updated my fish tanks, which have been sorely neglected. I got some new dwarf puffers (now I have a cute, species tank of 4), a huge school of neon tetras to go in my 30 gallon with my rummy nose tetras...and, I will be attempting discus next week. I was going to get some more angelfish but, since I already have them, my local fish guy convinced me I was experienced enough to try discus. They sort of look like pretty, swimming plates.

So, I'm down to one 30 gallon (I'm replanting it for the discus), one 20 gallon and one 9 gallon along with 17 betta 'jars'. At school, I have one 20 and one 10 gallon...all are planted with a total of over 85 fish (and 4 shrimp)/12 species. They are my underwater gardens...and, a secret addiction...but, an addiction I share with many people. I've met more new, cool people through fishkeeping these past few years than I have in a decade of, well, I wasn't really doing anything to meet new people...but, you get the idea. I'll leave it at that.

No comments: