Saturday, April 5, 2008

Tikka's Hygiene Improves





I find I hardly bathe Roman. Maybe once a year? His coat is such a natural deterrent to dirt and brambles. Tikka, on the other hand, has such a fine coat that she'll bring home half the foliage from our walks. I will be pulling out twigs, burs and the dreaded foxtail for days. So, I try to bathe her regularly and I'll probably be trimming her coat soon.

I've owned and fostered many dogs over the years (if you think fifteen is many) and every single one of them got the 'heebie geebies' after a bath; otherwise known as the 'zoomies'.

Tikka loses all purpose in life while having her bath but regains it tenfold when she is set free from the towel. Tearing around the house, bouncing off the couch and walls...her faith in humanity restored.

No comments: