Saturday, April 26, 2008

Bite Indeed Worse Than Bark


San Francisco, CA- Bay Area educator, A.C., states that she has lost count how many times people have asked her if her GSD (German shepherd dog), Roman, CGC, TT, bites.

"I like to bring him to work with me on occasion, " A.C. shares. "I really don't understand why some people seem so afraid of him."

One co worker has started to overcome her fears. Recently, Roman quietly greeted her with 'waggy butt' and gently leaned into her legs for petting.

"Roman was in calm, submissive bliss as my coworker rubbed his belly." A.C. states. "But then, my cowoker whispered to me, ' Does he B - I - T - E?' Yes, she spelled it out; which worked in her favor. Otherwise, he might have bitten. Good thing Roman can't spell."

" 'Yes, he does bite,' " I replied. 'But he hasn't bitten a human, yet.' "

Like all carnivores, Roman bites things on a daily basis. His latest victim being a fake lamb skinned bone.
With an average bite pressure of 750 to 1500 pounds per square inch, it is wise that people are cautious around this dog. These teeth, after all, are known to crush bone.

"Since Roman rarely barks (he's a whiner), his bite is, indeed, worse than his bark. He has torn limbs of sock monkeys and destuffed a pink football and hedgehog. Who knows when human will be next?"

No comments: