Saturday, August 2, 2008

River Dog






Yesterday, we went on a Russian River Adventure.

All involved survived fairly well intact physically, not so much mentally. We are, after all, simple city folk and not used to full days of clear, sunny skies, lush foliage, cool river water with no sign of civilization in sight for six hours. I barely managed to escape with a sunburn (despite frequent applications of sunscreen... I was so stupid not to bring a long sleeved shirt) and bug bite on my foot.

Roman had the best time (Tikka had to stay at home due to her recent surgery) and discovered he could swim.

He wants to go again. I agreed to go again if the end of the day involves a hot tub and nice, local cab.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
troutbirder said...

Neat canoeing with your dog!! My GSD (Baron) was a reluctant swimmer as a last year as a puppy... now he loves to go swimming and fishing with me.
troutbirder