Sunday, October 5, 2008

Lottie Reincarnated


I did not ask permission to post this picture, but I have a feeling Caroline will not mind.

My dearest friend (and Mr. Dog-ma's sister) Caroline has finally joined the ranks of dog owner! She and her husband adopted a 3 month old boxer mix (I also see shepherd and ridgeback/hound) named Lottie. Caroline told me she felt an instant connection with this puppy (though she was not seeking to adopt a puppy). After telling me about her, I encouraged her to get that pup!

So, they did.

Caroline told me she felt it was a good omen given her uncommon name, "Lottie" (Lottie was my soul dog who Caroline knew well).

Here is a heart warming excerpt from Caroline's email this week:

"so now we're off to puppy training class...LOL...does this remind you of your life? can you believe i've finally joined the ranks of dog owners? but it feels very natural....i kind of wish i'd done this before, it might have helped me to settle...It is true that knowing Lottie is here gives me a sense of 'home" that is rich..."

And, it is true. Dogs make our lives rich in a way no amount of money can.

So, welcome to the family, sweet, little Lottie!

1 comment:

wampoline said...

You were right, of course I don't mind - and i feel proud to see Lottie featured on your doggie-lovin'site. She is such a sweetie...even at 6 in the morning when my eyelids are still glued together and she is ready for a walk, LOL! Well, I guess she will help me get my act together, it's about time...!!