Tuesday, September 30, 2008

K9-Cops


(Roman may not be a working police k9, but he sure looks the part in my not so humble opinion)


I can't wait for the premiere of "K9-Cops" on Animal Planet tomorrow night!

What is it about the German shepherd dog breed that is so attractive to me? I admit to having my head turned more times by a GSD than a SWM. And a GSD working is an awesome display of athleticism. Is it their intelligence? Loyalty? Versatility? Beauty? It is said that there are many dogs who can do a job better than a German shepherd, but no dog holds a candle to doing all the jobs (and doing those jobs well...shepherds excel at herding, police work, search and rescue, guide dog, therapy dog, obedience dog, tracking dog...) a shepherd does.

Roman so wants to please me that when a big male dog tried to dominate him, he tried to get away to me (I called him to me, which prompted the other dog to lunge with teeth, which prompted Tikka to lunge at aggressing dog's face! Guess she wanted to protect Roman...she may not like him, but she won't let other dogs not like him).

So, while I love many breeds of dog, including mixes, I will always share my life with a GSD.

2 comments:

T said...

I have been reading your blog for the past month now, and I just wanted to stop by and say Roman is a gorgeous boy, and I couldn't of said this any better then you did tonight!

Great Blog!

Angela said...

thank you so much! I think he is pretty gorgeous, too, but more importantly...he is a complete love :)