Monday, February 25, 2008

Nudist Culture

A little bit of sunshine today brought out the nudists to Baker Beach. I have no problem with nudists, as they are usually a peaceful lot, but I'm sometimes baffled by their beach behavior. Usually, the ones I run into are overweight, middle aged to older men. Today there was a mixture, but still, all men. One was running along the beach while twirling his frisbee. Roman usually likes to run wide circles around people to express his joy, but I kept him in check; didn't want him mistaking any of the floppy bits for something else.

There was another nudist, also playing with his frisbee alone; he'd toss it into the air, catch it, then toss again. What is with the frisbees? Was he hoping someone would join in? This particular fellow went on to lift and move a huge piece of driftwood (1x10'). Again, a mystery as to why (to me, at least).

My favorite nudist was the guy who decided to take a walk. He put on his shirt -nothing else-and continued down the beach. Guess he was modest? I know he gave the tourists a bit of a shock.

No comments: