Saturday, February 9, 2008

Where am I?



Market and 6th? Ellis and Leavenworth?

No...I'm in the Marina! This lot has been empty for over three years. It used to be a gas station and now has become a dump. In addition to your every day garbage & graffiti, I have found hypodermic needles, chairs, a lawnmower and someone's home (a grocery cart filled with clothes and unmentionables). I've also come across the owners of said home sleeping in the bushes. Actually, Tikka found them during our morning constitutional and the people shouted, "ARRRRRrrr!" from the bushes. Maybe they are homeless pirates?

This morning I found an "I 'heart' you" pillow which someone later moved to the building next to the dump, several skateboards sans wheels and something I have yet to figure out. Not sure what that thing is.

What will become of this lot? More million+ dollar 'townhomes' (the fate of the former gas station across the street from here)? Another overpriced gas station (there is nothing 'regular' about 3.39 a gallon!)?

In the meantime, I fantasize how I can turn it into my own private dog park.

No comments: